The INCDTIM is the only national institute for research and development in the northwestern region of Romania. Having facilities at European standards the institute offers a favorable environment for young people who aspire to a research career in mass spectrometry, chromatography and ion physics, physics of nano-structured systems, molecular and biomolecular physics and technology of stable isotopes.
INCDTIM Cluj-Napoca promotes the concept of excellence of products and services in the field of scientific research, innovation and technological transfer in the context of sustainable development.
Based on its mission, the Institute develops projects in top-of-the-range areas capable of providing the necessary competitiveness to successfully integrate into the European Research Area.
Main areas of research and development INCDTIM Cluj-Napoca mainly carries out research and development activity, structured on the following directions:
- Stable isotope separation and the synthesis of isotopic labeled compounds;
- Applications of stable isotopes;
- Organic mass spectrometry, ion chromatography and physics; mass spectrometry with thermal ionization and isotopic ratio;
- Nanostructured multifunctional materials;
- Materials and technologies for hydrogen production and storage;
- Molecular and biomolecular systems with controlled architecture and functionality: physico-chemical and structural characterization as well as applications in molecular technologies and biotechnologies;
- New methods and techniques for investigating and characterizing molecular and biomolecular systems.
The research is performed in four departments:
- Department Mass Spectrometry, Chromatography and Applied Physics;
- Department of Physics of nanostructured systems;
- Department of Molecular and biomolecular physics; and
- Department of Isotope physics and technology.
and in the following research centers:
- Research Center for Light Stable Isotopes;
- Research and Advanced Technology Center for Alternative Energies – CETATEA, the biggest renewable energy research infrastructure in the region
INCDTIM Cluj-Napoca has also an accredited Technology Information Center in physics, environment protection, energy and renewables, health and food safety.